After an amazing 2016 launch, Singha is proud to announce this year’s sequel — the Singha Cooking Series 2017! If you’ve ever wanted a free chance to develop, network, and hone your cooking skills by standing shoulder to shoulder with acclaimed professional chefs, here’s your once-in-a-lifetime moment!
Last year’s event saw esteemed Chef and restaurant owner Kasem Saengsawang of San Francisco’s Farmhouse Kitchen teaching his cooking style. This year, we are hosting a cooking class each month through the month of December. We’re giving the style and tastes of not one, but three different chefs!
See below for the schedule of cooking classes. They all run from now until December:
- Chef Chai Siriyarn will be instruct at Marnee Thai, 2225 Irving Street, San Francisco on October 22nd, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Chef Kobe will be instructing at Saap Ver Thai Cuisine, San Francisco on November 19, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Chef Lalita Souksamlane will be instructing at Osha Thai Restaurant and Lounge in Embarcadero Center, San Francisco on December 17, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Want to join us? Here’s what to do:
- Follow Singha Beer on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook
- Upload a photo of Singha beer, then tag @SinghaBeer and #SinghaCookingClass on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook
- Hashtag the restaurant you want to join the class for.
- For the Thai Cooking Class with Chef Chai Siriyarn on October 22nd, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., hashtag #MarneeThai. Enter by October 15th, 2017.
- For the Thai Cooking Class with Chef Kobe on November 19, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., hashtag #SaapVer. Enter by November 12th, 2017.
- For the Thai Cooking Class with Chef Lalita Souksamlane on December 17, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m, hashtag #OshaThai. Enter by December 10th,2017.
Please make sure your profile is public in order to allow us to find your post.
If you’re unsure which class to sign up for, read more about our Chefs below.
Our first class will be instructed by none other than Chef Chai Siriyarn, starting on October 22, at the Mission Loft, in Mission, San Francisco. Chef Chai is the author of Thai Cuisine Beyond Curry, and is the award-winning “Thailand Super Chef” in Los Angeles and Thailand. He is the chef and owner Marnee Thai Restaurant, and has been recommended in by the Michelin Guide in consecutive years from 2011 to 2013.
Chef Nutnawat Aukcarapasutanun, better known as Kobe, is the owner and chef of Saap Ver Thai Cuisine, an ingredient-focused restaurant seeking to introduce lesser-known regional Thai dishes to western diners. Chef Kobe’s class will be hosted Sunday, November 19th at his restaurant, Saap Ver in SoMa, San Francisco. Chef Kobe’s restaurant aims to expand San Franciscans’ knowledge of country-style Thai street food. Winners can expect to learn the ins-and-outs of Kobe’s in-house technique straight from the master, through his utilization of quality ingredients without flavor-reducing short-cuts.
Chef Lalita Souksamlane is the Executive Chef and owner of Lao Table by Osha Thai. Chef Lalita discovered her passion for cooking at a very young age by helping her father in the kitchen. Unlike traditional Thai families, her father did all of the cooking. He taught her his craft, and inspired her to open her own restaurant someday. Today, she has kept many of her father’s original recipes alive in her dishes at Osha Thai and Lao Table. Lalita believes that quality and authenticity are two main factors that set her cuisine apart, but passion is the most important factor that makes the experience truly unique. Learn her the path to her passion at her class on Sunday, December 17th at the Embarcadero Center Osha Thai location in Downtown San Francisco.
We hope to see you at one of our classes!